2. Orchestra Baobab – Tribute to Ndiouga Dieng – World Circuit Records (1↘)
3. Daymé Arocena – Cubafonía – Brownswood Recordings (6↗)
4. Yasmine Hamdan – Al Jamilat – Crammed Discs (10↗)
5. Mokoomba – Luyando – Outhere Records (4↘)
6. Danyèl Waro – Monmon – Cobalt / Buda Musique (11↗)
7. Mara Aranda – Sefarad en el Corazón de Marruecos – Mara Aranda (7=)
8. Omar Sosa & Seckou Keita – Transparent Water – Otá Records / World Village (3↘)
9. Vieux Farka Touré – Samba – Six Degrees Records (27↗)
10. Les Amazones d’Afrique – République Amazone – Real World Records (9↘)
11. Elida Almeida – Djunta Kudjer – Lusafrica (14↗)
12. Tamikrest – Kidal – Glitterbeat Records (5↘)
13. Carmen Souza – Creology – Galileo Music (26↗)
14. Bargou 08 – Targ – Glitterbeat Records (2↘)
15. Serendou – Zinder – Hirustica (15=)
16. Griselda Sanderson & Ricardo de Noronha – Veer – Waulk Records (-↗)
17. Ifriqiyya Électrique – Rûwâhîne – Glitterbeat Records (-↗)
18. Alice Coltrane – The Ecstatic Music of Alice Coltrane Turiyasangitananda – Luaka Bop (-↗)
19. Ulaş Özdemir – Traces of Âşik – Buda Musique (34↗)
20. King Ayisoba – 1000 Can Die – Glitterbeat Records (20=)
21. Amine & Hamza, The Band Beyond Borders – Fertile Paradoxes – ARC Music (7↘)
22. Dhafer Youssef – Diwan of Beauty and Odd – Okeh Records (29↗)
23. Martha Mavroidi – I Klosti kai to Veloni / Thread and Needle – Violins Productions (-↗)
24. Trad.Attack! – Kullakarva / Shimmer Gold – Trad.Attack! Music (-↗)
25. Black Flower – Artifacts – Sdban Ultra (12↘)
26. Dona Onete – Banzeiro – Mais Um Discos (-↗)
27. Jupiter & Okwess – Kin Sonic – Zamora Label (25↘)
28. Zampogneria – Fiumerapido – Finisterre (-↗)
29. Dálava – The Book of Transfigurations – Songlines Recordings (-↗)
30. L’Orchestre Afrisa International – Melanie – Colomotion Records (22↘)
31. Emel – Ensen – Partisan Records (-↗)
32. Kazut de Tyr – Jorjuna – Hirustica (16↘)
33. Tété Alhinho – Mornas ao Piano – Trem Azul (-↗)
34. Divanhana – Live in Mostar – ARC Music (-↗)
35. Afrikän Protoköl – Beyond The Grid – Abozamé Records (35=)
36. Dimitris Mystakidis – Amerika – Fishbowl (-↗)
37. Maria Kalaniemi & Eero Grundström – Svalan – Åkerö (38↗)
38. Tibble Transsibiriska – Duj – Marushka Records (-↗)
39. Katarína Máliková – Pustvopol – Slnko Records (-↗)
40. Rhiannon Giddens – Freedom Highway – Nonesuch Records (23↘)
Download the PDF file:
Transglobal World Music Chart (TWMC) is a network of world music specialized journalists, critics, writers, DJs… from all the continents, that produces a monthly chart (and also an annual one), according to quality criteria, selecting the best recent world music albums from all over the world.
To know more about the chart, visit: www.transglobalwmc.com
Meet the members of the panel:www.transglobalwmc.com/members
How can I submit an album?
Artists, labels, publicists… can easily submit their releases for the members’ consideration. Please check the Album Submissions page for more details about the requirements and the recommended procedures.
My album is in the Chart!
Congrats! This means that your album has achieved many votes from a panel of specialists from all over the world. You can proudly boast that you have charted on Transglobal World Music Chart showing one of the TWMC’s seals, our logo or banner. Pick them freely from our Media section.
Can I publish the Chart?
Of course. The aim of our work is to provide the maximum dissemination of these musics. You can publish the chart freely with the only condition that you mention the whole name of the chart as follows: Transglobal World Music Chart. Including a link to our website and theTWMC logo will be highly appreciated. If you publish the chart in a regular basis, you can send us your logo and a link, that will be placed on the Partners section of our website. And if you send us a link with your publication of the chart, we’ll share it on our social networks.
The monthly chart is always published on the 1st day of each month. If you work for any media outlet interested in publishing the chart and you need to get the results earlier, let us know and we’ll send you a preview every month in advance. And if you want to be our media partner, get in touch with us as well.
Current members of the TWMC panel: Araceli Tzigane (ES), Juan Antonio Vázquez (ES), Ángel Romero (US), Seth Jordan (AU), Tony Hillier (AU), Charlie Crooijmans (NL), Nigel Wood (IE), Dore Stein (US), Roger Holdsworth (AU), Madan Rao (IN), Gil Medovoy (US), Chris Heim (US), Ciro De Rosa (IT), Scott Stevens (US), Hendrick T S Foh (MY), Cliff Furnald (US), Rob Weisberg (US), Toni Polo (FR/ES), Nicolás Falcoff (AR), Masakazu Kitanaka (JP), Jordi Demésenllà (ES), Rafael Mieses (DO/US), Luís Rei (PT), Jean Trouillet (DE), Evangeline Kim (US), Willi Klopottek (LU/DE), Betto Arcos (MX/US), Thorsten Bednarz (DE), Alejandro López (ES), Jon Kertzer (US), Ken Stowar (CA), Jiří Moravčík (CZ), Mu Qian (CN), Carlos Ferreira (PT), Anna Rzhevina (RU), Gil Rouvio (IL), Bouna Ndiaye (SN), Kutay Derin Kugay (TR), Robert Gregor (SK), Ponxo Taifa Ángeles (MX), Yatrika Shah-Rais (IR/US), Armen Manukyan (AM), Rolf Beydemüller (DE), François Bensignor (FR), Sergey Maiboroda (KZ), Cecilia Aguirre (AR/DE), Husniddin Ato (UZ), Eleni Ziliaskopoulou (GR), Marija Vitas (RS), Jaïr Tchong (NL), Enrique Blanc (MX), Tiago Lucas Garcia (BR), Zekeriya S. Şen (TR),Benjamín Muñiz (PR), Daryana Antipova (RU).